PDO Pecorino Romano cheese.
click to buy
PDO Pecorino Romano cheese is amongst the most ancient and valuable specialities of Sardinia’s cheese-making tradition. It is obtained from whole sheep’s milk from flocks roaming free in the extensive open pasturelands of Sardinia.
For slicing or grating, cylindrical shape, with flat top and bottom and straight heel. The rind is thin, white in colour, straw yellow or black-coated. Medium-hard cheese, compact or with small eyes, white when fresh and slightly straw-yellow when mature. Hard cheese with a sharp, intense and aromatic taste that becomes tangy as it matures. “Pecorino Romano D.O.P.” is stamped across the heel, together with the official logo, the chees-maker’s code and the year and month of production.
Sheep’s milk, salt, Sardinian lamb’s rennet crust, lactic starter.
5 months minimum (table cheese). 8 months minimum (cheese for grating).
Whole cheese size
Diameter 25-35 cm. Height 29-30 cm. Average weight 26-28 kg.
You might be interested:
- Pepato wp_5330063
- Lugore wp_5330063
- Fior fiore tangy wp_5330063
- Fior Fiore mild wp_5330063
- Dolce Caprino wp_5330063
- Miraluna wp_5330063
- Gran Sarcidano wp_5330063
- Funtana Noa fresh wp_5330063
- Funtana Noa semi-mature wp_5330063
- Funtana Noa mature wp_5330063
- Crabarida fresh wp_5330063
- Crabarida semi-mature wp_5330063
- Crabarida mature wp_5330063
- Baraci mature wp_5330063
- Baraci semi-mature wp_5330063